I have to admit. I am still impressed. I just don't understand how ground cashews can taste like a cheesecake but I really works. It got the "delicious" stamp of approval from Mindy and Eric's taste test.
Remember, this is dairy free, grain/gluten free, sugar free, egg free.
"Graham Cracker" Crust(Grain free)
- 4 Tbls melted butter or 5 Tbls coconut oil
- 2 Tbls coconut nectar or agave, honey or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour, packed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Stir together all ingredients until combined
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Spread mixture using your hands into the pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. If using a pie dish use a crust shield after 7 minutes of baking.
- Fill with the cheese cake filling when crust is cool.
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight and rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (approx 2 lemons)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup agave or coconut nectar or maple syrup
- Warm coconut oil and sweetener of choice over low heat in a small saucepan. Whisk to combine
- Using either a powerful blender or food processor place all ingredients for filling in and blend until very smooth. You will need to scrape down the sides occasionally.
- Pour over the prepared crust that has cooled.
- Place in freezer until solid.
- To serve, remove from freezer 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
Another delicious nutritious dessert that satisfies and doesn't create unnatural cravings that are hard to overcome. So easy to make and have on hand for company or pot lucks. Gluten and sugar eating folks won't even miss the gluten or sugar. Seriously!!!
Post a Comment