I love this soup. It takes no more then 45 minutes from start to table.
We eat a lot of soup in our house. Every few months I do an hCG weight-loss round occasionally and this soup is acceptable protocol for hCG weight-loss. It's got lots of flavor and is very satisfying.
Italian Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 Tbls coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 carton vegetable broth
- 1 carton chicken broth
- 4 to 6 chicken breast tenderloins, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 to 2 Tbls minced garlic (from the tube)
- 4 tsp minced basil, (I used frozen organic cubes)
- 4 heaping Tbls organic tomato paste
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, 2 cups if using fresh
- 2 cups kelp noodles (well rinsed) I bought these at EarthFare
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions and celery in coconut oil till translucent in large soup pot.
- Add broths, chicken breast pieces, tomato paste, garlic, and basil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Add spinach and well rinsed kelp noodles 5 minutes before serving.
If you can't find the kelp noodles you can leave them out. However that will make this soup, Italian Chicken Noodle-less Soup.
Enjoy your food.