Today I slow cooked a rack of pork spare ribs in the turkey roaster. I know! It just doesn't seem right to stick a rack of ribs in a pan that has only seen turkey. But I did it anyway. There was a bottle of organic BBQ sauce on my pantry shelf that was itching to drench some ribs. So there we have it. Pork spare ribs with BBQ sauce I don't think I can make so good.
I love bbq and I thought I would have to make my own sauce. There are not very many bbq sauces that are chemical free or even sugar free. I am SOOOO happy I found this one.
Sweetened with agave nectar and totally organic.
2 teaspoons sea salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place ribs in turkey roaster
- Mix the salt, pepper and garlic together
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the ribs and rub into meat
- Pour about 1 cup of water in the bottom of turkey roaster
- Put the lid on the roaster and cook at 300 degrees for 4 to 5 hours
- Transfer ribs to a large baking dish, large enough to hold a full rack of ribs
- Make a cut between each rib bone
- Pour BBQ sauce over ribs
- Put baking dish with ribs in the oven at 350 degrees for another hour
- Remove from oven and let stand for 20 minutes (this step is so you won't burn your mouth tasting the delicious ribs)
Serve with baked sweet potato wedges and a fresh spinach salad.
Total time in the kitchen to make ribs.....15 minutes
Gives new meaning to the phrase, "Set it and Forget it!!"
It doesn't have to take a long time to make delicious nutritious food in a flash.
Let me know what your favorite fast summer meal is.ENJOY!!
Post a Comment