All curry's are not created equal.
Every region of SE Asia has its own combination of spices that make up its curry blends. My personal favorites are from Bangladesh and Thailand.
In Bangladesh, I loved the prickly feeling the yellow curry left on my lips when I was finished eating. Green curry of Thailand has a sweet spicy taste.
This recipe is easy to make. When I say easy I mean EASY. If you can cut up veggies and saute in some coconut oil, you can make this dish. You can't mess it up. Really!! Add the veggies you love and pour on the green curry sauce. Use the leftovers and make it into a soup. Repurposed leftovers. Speaking of leftovers, this week is Thanksgiving. You might have leftover turkey. Dice up some of those leftovers and toss it into your green curry veggies. Add chicken broth to your leftover chicken/turkey green curry and you get soup!
Chicken and Veggie Green Curry
- 1/2 to 1 diced onion
- 2 Tbls minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 to 3 Tbls coconut oil for sauteing
- 1 cup water
- 2 heaping tablespoons green curry paste ( I used Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1 can coconut milk
- Saute onion, garlic and celery until veggies are translucent.
- Add cabbage, cauliflower, chicken or turkey and water and cook covered for about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook uncovered to reduce the water.
- In a separate small saucepan add green curry and coconut milk. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pour over veggies and chicken and simmer for another 10 minutes.
ENJOY this real food, veggie rich, creamy dish!
I dare you to try something new and different!!
Dump your leftovers in a large saucepan. Add a box or two of organic chicken broth. Simmer until heated through.
we are having this for our family holiday dinner! I know it will be a big hit! thanks Linda!
We had this for dinner last weekend. A regular on the menu now.
I'm making this today while we are having an Alabama snow day! will be delish!
Thai cuisine is one of my favorites since it is so flavorful and wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing this with us; you obviously know your stuff! Bookmarked.
Post a Comment