This is a kid approved waffle recipe. It can also be made into pancakes but my preference is making waffles. I saw this recipe here first. Kelly writes The Spunky Coconut blog and is one of my favorite recipe bloggers.
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup -packed- almond flour (any brand)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until incorporated into a batter.
- Add some coconut oil to pre-heated waffle iron.
- Drop some of batter onto waffle iron and spread out. Close top down and let cook for approximately 4-6 minutes. Check for crispness by opening up the waffle iron. Leave in until you get your desired browness.
- Serve with pure maple syrup and Kerry Gold Butter.