One of the foods I have missed by eating grain free has been bran muffins. I shared sweet and savory mug muffins in an earlier blog post. I'm not excited about using my microwave on a regular basis so I decided to adjust the recipe to make muffins in the oven. It only took one try and I nailed it. I guarantee this recipe satisfies your desire for muffins without creating a craving that keeps you eating more then you need to eat.
|Flax Muffins with raisins and pecans|
- 1 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup (agave, honey or coconut nectar)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (butter or ghee)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbs pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins*
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or other nuts of choice)optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 12-muffins tin very well.
- Mix dry ingredients together then add the remainder of ingredients.
- Let batter stand for 10 minutes then pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
*You can substitute 1/2 cup grated carrots to make these carrot muffins.
The muffins stuck pretty good. I had to be very careful to get them out of the pan without tearing the muffin up. I think I was overly anxious to try one. I also think if I had let the muffins cool slightly before extracting from the pan it would have been easier.
I will be baking ahead and stocking my freezer.
Let me know how yours turned out.
This sounds delish! Here is the cashew sour cream recipe I promised you. I use it as a delicious dip and as a substitute for sour cream.
1 1/2 c. raw cashews
2 T. lemon juice
1 T. plus 1 t. apple cider vinegar
1 c. water
1/2 t. salt
Blend all ingredients in a Vitamix. Refrigerate.
Post a Comment