I was recently making a batch of No-Bake Cookies which made me think about the chocolate ganache layer of the totally rad and raw Salted Caramel Chocolate Pecan Torte and started thinking of how I might use that recipe to make a fun sweet treat. Chain reaction thought process. Here's what I made.
Dark Chocolate Fudge
|Dark Chocolate Fudge|
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place cocoa, oil and sweetener of choice in medium saucepan and heat over medium high to a boil.
- Immediately reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes while you continue to stir.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut and pecans.
- Pour into lined loaf pan and set in refrigerator.
- After one hour remove fudge from loaf pan and remove from parchment paper.
- Cut with a pizza cutter into 1 inch pieces..
- Store in the refrigerator.
This was fully approved by taste testers. They kept saying, "Seriously, no sugar?"
There is a depth of flavor in the dark chocolate that pairs nicely with a hot cup of bulletproof coffee. Not just good but AMAZING!!
Valentine Day is less than a month away. How about making some for your special valentine to show him or her how much you truly love them.