Easy tortilla wrap and it even tastes great!! The easy part is that you roll the tortilla out between parchment paper and leave it between the paper and bake. Easy, no mess wraps.
This recipe came from Kelly Brozyna at The Spunky Coconut. She is one of my favorite grain free bloggers. Check her site out!
|Grain Free Wrap|
|No mess wrap|
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbls ground Chia Seed, (I use a coffee grinder to grind the chia seed)
- 1 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbls almond flour
- 2 Tbls arrowroot flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
- 3/4 cup very warm water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the liquid ingredients and use a hand mixer to blend.
- This creates a sticky dough, it's normal.
- Let the dough rest for about a minute.
- Divide the dough in half and then each half into 3 dough balls.
- Place one dough ball between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out to about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thickness. Repeat the process with all 6 dough balls.
- Do not remove parchment paper before baking.
- Place a couple rolled out dough still covered with parchment paper on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 7 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Remove paper when you are ready to wrap up your favorite sandwich.
I remove the parchment paper I baked in and wrap each grain free wrap in fresh new paper and store in a gallon ziplock bag in the freezer until I am ready to use.
These are delicious and so easy to make. Use it for soft shell taco shell, breakfast burrito, burger wrap, or stuff it with your favorite chicken salad.
How do you like to stuff your wrap?