Chocolate is on my brain lately. I made chocolate cupcake poppers with chocolate frosting tonight. I'm taking them to my Thursday night bible study. I like to make popper size because there isn't a commitment to eat a huge piece of cake. I'm into downsizing my portions.
While getting in and out of the kitchen tonight quickly, I didn't get a series of pictures of the baking process. And my frosting isn't very pretty. It kinda melted on me. But, hey, it's delicious. I'll share that recipe in a future blog post.
I don't remember where I got this recipe but here is my altered version of the recipe I found online.
Chocolate Cupcake Poppers
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup blond coconut (palm)sugar(made from coconut nectar)
- dash salt
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup hot water mixed with 1 pkt Starbucks VIA
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add wet ingredients all except the coffee.
- Begin mixing the wet ingredients into the dry incorporating completely.
- Whisk in coffee.
- Line mini-cupcake pans with cupcake papers.
- Fill each cupcake paper with about 1 heaping tablespoon of batter.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
Hi thanks for posting thiss
Post a Comment