I just love orange and chocolate in the same bite! BAM! I got this recipe from Simply Living Healthy blog. She adapted her recipe from All Day I Dream About Food, recipe Raspberry Cheesecake Swirl Brownies.
This is my adaptation. I don't often use Xylitol in my baking but I used it for the cheesecake part of the recipe and subbed in maple syrup for the brownie part of this recipe. Was really simple to sub in the ingredients I have on hand.
Makes 24 Brownie Bites
- 1 Tbls orange zest
- 8 oz goat cheese, whipped chevre
- 1/4 cup powdered Xylitol (measure granulated xylitol into blender and blend on high for 30 seconds to make powdered xylitol)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp orange extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake tin with cupcake papers or silicone cups. I used both.
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl with hand mixer. Set aside.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil/ghee
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- Melt butter and coconut oil/ghee over low heat in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cocoa until smooth.
- Pour mixture into mixing bowl and add maple syrup, vanilla and eggs, use a hand mixer, blending completely.
- Spoon 2 Tbls brownie mixture in the bottom of each cupcake cup.
- Spoon 1 Tbls cheesecake mixture over brownie layer.
- Using a fork, gently swirl the brownie layer up into the cheesecake layer.
- Place in preheated oven and bake 20 minutes.Middle should be a little squishy.
- Let cool and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
There brownie bites are a souffle type texture and has a delicious subtle orange taste with a rich dark chocolate flavor.
Hope you like these brownie bites as much as we did. How do you enjoy chocolate? With coffee, raspberry, orange, or some other flavor.