The texture is light and moist and the flavor is full and rich. I can only take credit for making this recipe, not for developing the recipe. I did however alter the recipe slightly from the original.
Here they are, Mini-cupcakes. They took less then 5 minutes to stir together and only about 12 minutes to bake. And it made over 30 cupcakes. I must have a party with that many cupcakes. Who's in?
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teas sea salt
- 1/2 teas baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Blend eggs, oil and maple syrup in a small bowl with a hand mixer
- In separate small bowl, combine coconut flour, salt, baking soda and coconut.
- Combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Allow batter to sit for a few minutes to thicken. I found the batter to be thick already.
- Place cupcake papers in cupcake tin and spray lightly with non-stick spray.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of batter into each mini-cupcake paper.
- Bake at 350degrees for about 12 minutes
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool for approx 20 minutes.
- Frost with mocha trehalose frosting.
- Makes approx 30 mini-cupcakes
The original recipe came from www.elenaspantry.com under the cupcakes recipe tab.
This recipe is a winner in my recipe book! Fast, delicious, coconut and SOOOO easy!
Let me know how your cupcakes turned out!