It's been weeks since my last blog and over a month since my last recipe post. So, alot has been going on in my life. Back to sharing recipes!~!
On Facebook the other day Cave Girl Eats asked, "What's your favorite 'guilty pleasure' cereal?". Mine is/was Honeynut Cheerios. Well, within that thread this recipe was posted at Unrefined Kitchen. There are great recipes from Jennifer who went Paleo over 2 years ago. She used this recipe to make the cereal she craved after eliminating grains from her diet. Sounds good to me!
I can see so many other ways to eat these crackers. Mom's of toddlers carry these as snacks for your kiddo's.
These are real food with no refined sugar and no gluten/grain so it satisfies without creating a new craving.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbls butter, softened
- 1 Tbls agave
- 1 ts cinnamon
- 1/4 ts sea salt
Topping for sprinkling on before baking *optional
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together almond flour, egg, butter, agave, cinnamon and salt.
- Roll dough out between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll it real thin. I divided my dough into 3 portions so the rolled dough fit on my cookie sheet.
- Carefully peel off the top layer of parchment paper. Place the dough on the parchment paper on to a baking sheet.
- Combine *topping ingredients and sprinkle it evenly on top of the dough.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and cut into squares using a pizza cutter. Smaller squares for cereal size and larger squares for crackers.
- Return pan to oven and bake 2-3 more minutes or until lightly browned. There is a fine line between perfectly baked and burnt so keep a close eye on it. You might even remove crackers from the outer edges before the inner crackers are still baking.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Let me know when you try this recipe. It's easy and only takes a few minutes to mix together and bake.
Post a Comment