Love this recipe and let me state this right up front, "This recipe is NOT my recipe!" Nor are alot of these recipes I post. I just love to try new recipes that are nutritious and super yummy and then pass my findings on to you. I have been making this brownie recipe for a couple years now and every time I do someone asks me for the recipe and I ALWAYS send them to www.Elanaspantry.com/brownies . It is a never fail brownie and if you have a nut allergy you can sub in Sunbutter for the almond butter.
This is my "go to" recipe for potlucks and carry ins or whatever you call it in your neck of the woods.
These brownies fits all my criteria for ease of preparation, ingredients availability and. of course, deliciousness! I made a couple adjustments based on the ingredients I had in my kitchen.
- 1-16 oz jar of Almond Butter (I used Trader Joes brand) Or for nut allergy use SunButter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups maple syrup, or honey, coconut nectar, agave
- 1 Tbls Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life) I have also tossed in a few chopped walnut, pecans or almond slivers to add a little more excitement.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease 9 X 13 glass baking dish with coconut oil.
- Using hand mixer blend the almond butter until smooth.
- Add eggs and blend, then add sweetener of choice and vanilla and blend.
- Mix in cocoa, salt and soda until fully incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared glass baking dish and bake for approx 30 to 40 minutes. Do NOT over bake. Remove from oven as soon as your toothpick test is good. You know the toothpick test. Insert it in the middle and when it comes out clean the brownies are done. Finished.
These have a fudgey texture so remember No Over Baking!! I can't emphasize that enough.
Don't be tempted to dig in before they are completely cooled.
Let the brownies cool completely before cutting and removing from the pan.
I highly encourage you to visit Elana's blog. There are literally hundreds of delicious recipes that are for specific food sensitivities. She has an incredible story. Take the time to read it. You will be impressed. I AM. Elana Armstrong is my hero! Besides her blog she has several awesome cookbooks.
All roads lead to her when it comes to gluten-free/paleo and almond flour cooking and baking.
Tell me what your favorite brownie recipe is.