Coffee please! I take it with a Tbls unsalted Kerry Gold butter and a Tbls coconut oil, a splash of vanilla extract and a squirt of stevia. I whir it in the vita-mix for a few seconds. Alright so that's alot of stuff in my coffee. One of the best additions to my coffee is a rich cinnamon pecan scone. My husband often calls these stones. Not because they are hard as a rock but because he doesn't hear so good and thought I said I was making stones. Well it stuck. These scones are full of rich flavor that begs for a second cup of coffee.
I found this recipe at Gluten Free Fix. Check out Michelle's blog. She has tons of amazing recipes!!
Here is my adaptation of her recipe.
Makes 12 scones
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Whisk together eggs, maple syrup and oil/ghee.
- Add flours, soda and cinnamon and mix well.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Using tablespoon scoop on to parchment paper.
- Wet your fingers and pat the scooped batter into a little triangle.
- Bake 20 minutes
- Let cool 5 to 10 minutes and serve with that cup of coffee.
- Or you can cool and enjoy also.
It's fast and easy to make a delicious treat from scratch. You deserve good wholesome food and the recipes I share are fast and easy to make and GOOD FOR YOU!!!
Enjoy!! What do you like to have with your coffee?