Today I made scones. One of my sisters nicknamed these scones, scuffies. It's a cross between a scone and a muffie. It's made with coconut flour so if you are sensitive to nuts this is a recipe for you. This recipe came from Elanaspantry.com, one of my favorite food blogs. Here's my adaptation.
Chocolate Chip Scones
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1.4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegan shortening or butter or ghee
- 1/4 cup honey or coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips(Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl mix dry ingredients.
- In small bowl mix melted shortening, sweetener of choice and eggs
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a hand mixer until well incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop a heaping teaspoon onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using wet fingers shape the scoop in a triangle scone shape.
- This makes about 20 small scones/scuffies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 -12 minutes.
- Don't burn your tongue tasting those warm puppies to quickly out of the oven.
Remember these are a treat and should be consumed in moderation. Definitely not allowed during Whole30.