Today I made scones. One of my sisters nicknamed these scones, scuffies. It's a cross between a scone and a muffie. It's made with coconut flour so if you are sensitive to nuts this is a recipe for you. This recipe came from Elanaspantry.com, one of my favorite food blogs. Here's my adaptation.
Chocolate Chip Scones
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1.4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegan shortening or butter or ghee
- 1/4 cup honey or coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips(Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl mix dry ingredients.
- In small bowl mix melted shortening, sweetener of choice and eggs
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a hand mixer until well incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop a heaping teaspoon onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using wet fingers shape the scoop in a triangle scone shape.
- This makes about 20 small scones/scuffies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 -12 minutes.
- Don't burn your tongue tasting those warm puppies to quickly out of the oven.
Remember these are a treat and should be consumed in moderation. Definitely not allowed during Whole30.
Yumm!! These look delicious! I am definitely trying these tomorrow for breakfast! My whole family loves scones and it is difficult to find a yummy scone that is healthy too! Thanks for an awesome recipe!
Thanks Kelly! This is one of my favorite recipes and they are SOOOO easy and quick to make. Let me know how they turned out.
Post a Comment